Information We Collect About You
In order to provide our Services to you, we need to collect certain information from and about you, some of which is regarded as “Personal Information” under relevant laws. We use your information to provide the Services that you request, and to improve the Services we offer to you. Personal Information generally means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, or could reasonably be associated or linked with a particular person or household. The types of Personal Information we collect about you depend on how you use our Services and interact with us.
Below is a list of the different types of Personal Information we may collect about you to provide and improve our Services:
- Individual Identifiers.While using our Services, we may ask you to provide us with or otherwise obtain certain personal identifiers that can be used to contact or identify you. Such Personal Information may include, but is not limited to: your name, address, phone number, email address, account registration information. This may also include your vehicle information such as year, make, model, vehicle identification number (“VIN”) and mileage, as well as other information that may identify or relate to you.
- Demographic Information.This may include your age, gender, purchase preferences, and language preferences.
- Financial and Purchase Information.This may include your payment information such as payment card, ACH, wire, and other financial information used to purchase extended car warranties, as well as your purchase history.
- Usage Data.We may also collect information on how you access and use our Services (“Usage Data”). Usage Data helps us understand how users interact with our Website, and may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g., IP address), browser type, browser version, aggregate Website usage metrics such as total number of visitors, pages viewed, and usage patterns within the Website, the pages of our Services that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, device information such as device settings, user preferences, and unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data.
- User Content.We may from time to time ask or allow you to upload photos, videos, social media posts, and other user generated content.
- Customer Referrals.We may ask that you provide the names and contact information of other individuals that you recommend to us.
- First Party Cookies.First party cookies can include “Session Cookies”, which are stored only temporarily during a browsing session in order to allow normal use of the system and are deleted from your device when the browser is closed, and “Persistent Cookies”, which are read only by the Website, saved on your computer for a fixed period and are not deleted when the browser is closed.
- Third Party Cookies.Third party cookies are set by other online services who run content on the page you are viewing, for example by third party analytics companies who monitor and analyze our web access.
- Other Technologies.We collect many different types of information from other technologies to improve the quality of our Website and the Services we provide. For example, we may collect Usage Data and other information about the device you use to access our Website, your operating system and/or mobile device type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located. We may record the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet.
Your Cookie Choices
When it comes to how you want to use or allow cookies on your devices, you are in control. Most internet browsers are initially set to accept cookies. You may set your browser to block or otherwise control what cookies your browser or mobile device accepts via your browser or mobile device settings. Additionally, you can choose to modify your settings and delete those cookies that are otherwise stored on your device. Please consult the instructions provided by your browser or your mobile device’s manufacturer to determine how you can limit the placement of and/or remove cookies or other technologies. Please note, however, that limiting or disabling the use of certain cookies or other technologies such as essential cookies may impact or adversely affect your ability to perform certain transactions on, use certain functionalities of, and access certain content on our Website.
How We Collect Information
We are a marketplace for customers to find, understand and directly purchase an extended warranty product for their used car. We collect and obtain your information in a few ways: there is information that you choose to give to us, information we obtain through your use of our Services – including our Website – and information we obtain from third parties.
The specific information we collect depends upon your use of the Website, as described above. The following information describes the categories of Personal Information we may have collected in the preceding twelve months and the categories of sources from which that information may have been collected:
- Personal Information You Give Us.We receive and store Personal Information you voluntarily give to us such as your name, address, car VIN, payment information, and/or other information. You may give us this information in a number of ways, such as by entering it on our Website, or sending to us by email, phone, mail, or other method when you are using our Services.
- Personal Information about Your Interaction with Our Website.We collect Personal Information about your interactions with our Website, such as payment information, Website language preferences, or the external links you click.
- Personal Information We Automatically Collect.We automatically receive and store certain types of Personal Information whenever you interact with us or our Website. This information includes your IP address, browser type, and pages you visit when you interact with our Website. Like many websites, we use tracking technologies such as cookies, web beacons and similar technologies to record your preferences, track the use of our Website, clicks on and to our Website, and clicks to third-party hyperlinks on our Website. We may also use these technologies to monitor web traffic, improve the Website, understand how our users interact with the Website, and make the Website easier to use and more relevant
- Personal Information from Social Media and Other Websites.When you interact with our Website or Services through a social media platform, we may collect certain Personal Information that you make available to us on that page, including your account ID or username and other information included in your interactions or posts.
- Personal Information Collected by Third Parties.We partner with third-party sponsors, affiliates, vendors, and other companies who might have links, content, or applications on the Website. These third parties might also provide us with your information in relation to our Services, which we may combine with the information we collect directly from you. Third parties may use tracking tools on our Website or other websites to collect information about you when you use the Website. They may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites and other online services.
How We Use Your Personal Information
Such uses include, but are not limited to:
- Providing you with quotes for the best third party extended car warranty products via our Website.
- Fulfilling other information requests, such as to provide customer support services and answer live chat inquiries.
- Providing and maintaining our Services.
- Notifying you about changes to our Services.
- Analyzing the use and improving the quality of our Services.
- Monitoring the usage of our Services.
- Detecting, preventing and addressing technical issues.
- Providing you with news via special offers, marketing or promotional materials, general information about other Services that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about, unless you have opted out of such information. You may opt out of receiving these communications from us by contacting us at our contact information below or by following the unsubscribe feature in any marketing communication.
- Providing various aspects of our Services that we think are of interest to you. For instance, certain content on the Website and email messages we send you in connection with your use of the Website may include advertisements that may be selected for you based on your demographic information, interests, preferences, and usage patterns within the Website.
We may also use “automatically collected” information and “cookies” information to:
- personalize our Services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Website;
- provide customized third-party advertisements, content, and information;
- monitor and analyze our effectiveness and third-party marketing activities;
- monitor aggregate usage metrics such as total number of visitors, pages viewed, etc.; and
- track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities.
How We Share Your Information With Others
We may disclose your information in a number of ways in order to provide our Services to you. For example, we may provide your Personal Information to third party service providers who assist us in providing certain Services in relation to our business and therefore process information on our behalf. These third-party service providers are authorized to use your Personal Information only as necessary to provide its service to us.
We may also disclose or share your information for the following purposes:
- To comply with a legal obligation.
- To protect and defend our rights or property.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services.
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public.
- To protect against legal liability.
- When there is a good faith belief that such action is necessary to investigate or protect against harmful activities to our guests, visitors, associates, or property (including the Website), or to others (including us). This may include disclosures to law enforcement to investigate potential criminal activity or other civil violations.
Categories of Third Parties that Receive Personal Information from us
We share or otherwise disclose individuals’ Personal Information to the following categories of third parties:
- Service Providers. We employ third party service providers, companies, individuals, and agents to facilitate and help us provide our Services to you. This includes our cloud service hosting providers, payment processors, delivery fulfillment providers, and other vendors that help us operate and facilitate our Services. Such Service Providers perform tasks or functions on our behalf, provide Services-related services, or assist us in analyzing how our Services are used or delivered. These third parties are granted access to your information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- Extended Car Warranty/VSC Providers. As part of our Services to you, we share your information with those providers who provide extended car warranties so that we can provide you with quotes for the best products for you. Sharing this information is necessary so that we can help you find the products that fit your needs.
- Marketing and Advertising Partners. We may also share your information with our digital marketing and advertising partners, so we can inform you about those services and products that you may be interested in.
- Chaiz 1 affiliated entities. We may share or disclose your information to our affiliated entities.
- Law Enforcement or Other Lawful Authority. We may from time to time be required to provide information to law enforcement or other governmental authorities pursuant to a warrant, court order, or other lawful process.
Categories of Personal Information Sold
We do not sell your Personal Information to third parties. Please note that “sale” of Personal Information does not include those instances when such information is part of a merger, acquisition, or other transaction involving all or part of our business. If we sell all or part of our business, make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or other business transaction, we may transfer your Personal Information to a third party as part of that transaction. If such a transaction materially affects the manner in which your Personal Information is processed, we will notify you of such change prior to its implementation.
How We Secure Your Personal Information
We take reasonable technical, organizational, physical, and other measures to protect your information from accidental, unauthorized or unlawful access, destruction, loss, alteration, or disclosure.
However, no website, network, or system can be absolutely protected against intentional or malicious intrusion attempts despite our precautions. Furthermore, we do not control the devices, computer or network through which you access the Website or over which you may choose to send Personal Information or other information to us. We make no guarantee as to the security, integrity or confidentiality of any information transmitted over the Internet.
Your California Privacy Rights Regarding Direct Marketing Information
California residents have the right to request information from a company regarding the manner in which it shares certain categories of Personal Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, in addition to the rights set forth above.
Under California law, you have the right to send us a request at the designated address listed below in the “Contact Us” section to receive the following information:
- The categories of information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year;
- The names and addresses of the third parties that received the information; and
- If the nature of the third party’s business cannot be determined from their name, examples of the products or services marketed.
To make such a request, please provide sufficient information for us to determine if this applies to you, and attest to the fact that you are a California resident. Please also provide a current California address for our response. You may make this request in writing to us at the below address. Any such request must include “California Privacy Rights Direct Marketing Information Request” in the first line of the description, and include your name, street address, city, state and ZIP code. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the address provided for this purpose below.
Note that responsive information may be provided in a standardized format that is not specific to you.
“Do Not Track” Signals
We do not support Do Not Track. Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. We may also track your behavior over time and across third party websites or other services. You can enable or disable “Do Not Track” by visiting the “Preferences” or “Settings” page of your web browser.
Third parties may collect data relating to you. We cannot control third parties’ responses to do-not-track signals or other such mechanisms. Third parties’ use of data relating to you and responsiveness to do-not-track signals is governed by their respective privacy policies.
Users Outside the U.S.
Our Services are only available to individuals in the United States. Even if you access our Website outside of the United States, you will be unable to request or purchase extended warranties through or Services. If you use our Website outside of the United States, you understand that we may collect, process, and store your Personal Information in the United States. The laws in the U.S. regarding Personal Information may be different from the laws of your state or country.
Links to Other Websites
We exercise no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party website or services.
- Chaiz 1 LLC
- 375 Metuchen Road
- South Plainfield, New Jersey 07080
California residents may also contact us as the below toll-free number:
- Toll-Free: 888-439-1323